Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Marriage is a religion?!

Marriage has become a big topic of discussion lately. It could be because my circle is getting older so its on most of our minds. I have always believed in marriage. I thought I would be married by the age of 25, kids by the age of 27 or 28. ummmmm, well, those ages has come and gone and no kids and no wife. However, my opinion of marriage has not changed though; i still want to get married and have kids. The thing that has changed though, is my understanding of what marriage is and should be in my eyes. I believe that marriage is a religion. I know most people are saying, "marriage cant be a religion". I understand their argument. I really do. But, people have to believe in marriage as something beyond themselves. Its a partnership that extends beyond death. Yes I said it, "death". Yes people get remarried but do people really put their heart and soul the second or third time around? People should fight hard for something that they have pledged their life to because after all "til death due you part" should mean something. Im not saying that if someone is breaking their vows that the other person should stay with them no matter what. But, Before they get down on one knee or how ever they do it...they should believe marriage is a religion. If you believed this, you would not take lightly the concept of  you're choosing the person you want to be with for the rest of your life.  You would believe that taking on all challenges in life with this person by your side, behind you, and in front of you is what marriage is all about. You would also understand that marriage is not going to be perfect. You're going to go through many ups and downs. You also have to realize that many of those downs are going to be because of something that really has nothing to do with the relationship. Moreover, people should have faith that they can get through rough situations.

More to follow on this discussion though, so stay tuned. 

No comments: