Monday, June 24, 2013

The Break Up! Part 4

It’s been 3 weeks. She still crosses my mind. I never imagined that she could have me like this. All the women before her came and went. In the past I could have another one at your crib within a couple of nights. When we first started dating, she was “The One” in my eyes. I guess we got to the stage where we could no longer send in our representations. The days of me trying to act like she does not make me smile when she gives me that look. The days of her being in tuned to what I really want and need are replaced with her wants and needs. When we first met, we stayed up late talking on the phone. Every place we went we had a good time. We could have went to the laundry mat and we would have had a great time. "Damn, am I’m trippin?"  Reality has set in, I realize that now I’m alone. Sure, there are going to be times where I really miss her. Times when I’m driving in the car and hear "The Song". You know, the one that every time you hear it reminds you of them. It was our song. Now when I scroll through my phone I read old text messages and look through old pictures if I have not deleted them. I might even go to her name in the contact log. Stare at for a few minutes. I debate on if I should call or not. Should I send a text message? Should I just delete the number? I've gone through nights that it just seemed impossible to fall asleep. I start to think of ways that it could have been different. If I had did this, then maybe...
"I’m trippin again"
It's time to stop dwelling on what I can't change. I've got to get my swag back. Mentally I have to push myself in the right direction. Phone rings

Calvin: what's good?
Me: I’m chillin, what’s up?
Calvin: What you trying to do?
Me: I'm trying to get me one, where they at?
Calvin: Man, I got two on deck that want to hang out.
Me: how she looking
Calvin: she ready!
Me: Already.

This will surely put you know who out of my mind at least for the night. They say the best way to get over someone is to get a new someone.

No comments: